6. Pure Image Automation
Like Image with Anchor OCR approach, Pure image automation is also used in the below scenarios:
- Automation of Citrix based applications
- When application can be accessed only via a remote desktop (Jiffy client cannot be installed on the system where the application is running)
- When control-based automation is not able to fetch the properties to identify the control
The difference between Pure image automation and Image with OCR automation is that in image automation Jiffy would only look for the image and not the text in the image.
Image automation can work on the following concepts:
- Anchor and Target: This is applicable in scenarios where the user needs to identify an anchor for the actual control to be captured. For eg: In a form where the user needs to enter text in couple of user entry fields based on the labels. Here the label would be the anchor and the user entry field would be the target.
- Anchor only: This is applicable in scenarios where the user only requires an anchor and there is no target available. For eg: In Citrix based applications, where user need to click on a button which has a text. Here only the button need to be selected and this would act as both anchor and target.
How to familiarize
- Follow the steps to create an app (How to create an App - Refer: UILearn How to Start -> How to Create an App)
- In case the app is already created, click on the “Start Learn” icon
- Once the application is loaded, click on the “Image familiarization” icon
- The following window would be displayed
||Image with OCR – Used to capture the text element
||Pure Image – Used to capture the image element
- Click on the Pure image icon. The following window will be displayed
- Click on Anchor and select the area which need to be familiarized.
- To clear the capture and start a new selection, click on “Clear Capture” button
- The selected image would be displayed in the Anchor area
- Click on Target (if required) and select the area which need to be familiarized
- Click on “End Capture” button
- The control that is familiarized would be displayed in the tree structure under Module name
- Select each of the control, to view the properties on the right-hand side and the screenshot of the familiarized component.
Below video demonstrates Pure image familiarization. As the UI controls will be familiarized, the task design would follow the same process.