There are two types of expressions in Jiffy:
These expressions can be used in scripting of all UI nodes. These expressions have to be written in Python language and can be reused in UI nodes of tasks across Processes.
- Default Expressions: These are Jiffy provided python expressions for the commonly used functions.
For example: Concat, Capitalize, Add days etc.
- Custom Expressions: Jiffy allows the users to create custom Python expressions and use them in the UI nodes steps.
A Custom Expression needs to be added to Jiffy Custom Expressions Repository. Once it is uploaded, it will be available in the drop-down of Custom Expressions in the Edit UI dialog of the respective nodes (All UI nodes).
How to Add Custom Expressions:
Do the following to add custom expressions:
- Login to Jiffy.
- Click on the Repository dropdown.
- Click on the Custom Expressions option.
- Click on the Add Custom Expressions button.
- Type the details in the following fields present in the Add Custom Expressions dialog box.
- Name: Name of the node. A default name is displayed in this field, which the user can edit according to the task and the intent of using the node.
- Function Type: Select the required function of the expression. The following are the list of options available in the Function Type list box.
- String Function: If the defined custom expression is related to strings, for example, “Length”, use this function.
- Math Function: If the defined custom expression is related to Math, for example, “Percentage”, use this function.
- Date Function: If the defined custom expression is related to Date, for example, “Add Days”, use this function.
- Excel: If the defined custom expression is related to Excel, for example, “Open Excel”, use this function.
- Custom: If the defined custom expression is a does not fall under any of the above category, the user can mention it as Custom.
- Document Parsing: Currently this option is deprecated.
- Other Function: Select this option for other types of custom expressions, for example, Web UI related expressions (Get Text from Relative Field).
- Description: A short note on the purpose of the expression.
- Type: Based on the where the custom expression is being used, select the respective option from this drop-down. The following are the list of options available in the Type drop-down:
- Click on the Save button to display the Expression Data screen.
- Click on the Edit button to make changes and add the custom expression (python expressions) in the following highlighted field:
- In the Expression Data screen, when the Edit button is clicked,
the Show blank spaces/Hide blank spaces and Copy to
clipboard buttons are displayed below the Expression field.
- The Copy to clipboard button is added to copy the entire
function definition with all parameters.
- The Show blank spaces button is added to indicate the spaces and
tabs. When the Show blank spaces button is clicked the label
name of the respective button is automatically changed to Hide
- When the user clicks the Hide blank spaces button, the
indications corresponding to blank spaces and tabs are hidden.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
Note: The details of changes made to the custom expression can be viewed by clicking the Change History tab. All the Connected Tasks, Connected Components, and Connected UI components can be viewed by clicking the Connected Data tab.
Existing Default Expressions in Jiffy:
All the available default expressions are categorized into 5 types:
Click here for more deatils on the available default expressions in Jiffy.